Whether your requirements involve chemical or physical resistance, extreme temperature range, or outgassing restrictions, we have a solution for you.
We offer three types of lamination solutions.
- Pressure sensitive adhesive laminates such as silicones and acrylic laminate
- Applications: Tapes or films with instant adhesion and operating temperature up to ~185° C.
- Heat-activated adhesive lamination such as meltable acrylics epoxies, butyl, nitrile phenolics and fluoropolymers.
- Applications: Those that require operating temperatures over 200°C. Features include bonds without residual stickiness, preventing dust and dirt accumulation during operation.
- Adhesiveless lamination: Fralock utilizes a unique Adhesiveless Lamination Technology (ALT) to produce thick polyimide materials that can be used in a wide variety of applications requiring a broad temperature range (-269ºC to +351ºC), chemical resistance, and physical durability. Made with DuPont™ Kapton®, these components provide the robust and varied properties of Kapton polyimides.
Adhesiveless laminates can include foils, allowing manufacture of flexible heaters and flat-flex foldable cables that can withstand extreme environments. Other applications include thermal barriers, shims, gaskets, and other encapsulated components.
All-Polyimide, Adhesiveless Laminates – Fralock’s unique materials and ALT allows us to develop and produce a wide range of ultra high-reliability products that offer key advantages, including:
- Robust Handling: Virtually eliminates fragility related assembly damage, rework and program delays
- Full Folding: May be tightly creased without delamination or fracture
- Fine Line/Trace and Spacing: to 1.5 mil, allows compact design
- Low Mass: Superior materials, lamination, trace/spacing and connector elimination yields lower mass
- Exceptional Radiation Resistance: Retains physical, thermal, electrical and isolation properties throughout extended mission life
- Unsurpassed Reliability with All Polyimide Fully Encapsulated Designs
- All polyimide bonding eliminates the adhesive interface where most problems occur.
- Full encapsulation eliminates the voids around metallic traces that create performance variables and structural discontinuities that affect durability.
- Laminate bond strengths exceed substrate properties and that typically exceed 10 PLI to metallic traces.
- Wide operational temperature range -269°C to +351°C (Tg)